Tuesday 26 April 2016

Leek and butter bean soup

I've found chick peas, butter beans and kidney beans great as I don't miss the potato when these are in the meal. I find I'm eating soup most days and this one is one of my favourites. It's staightforward to make, and reheats well. The rosemary really brings the soup together.

I prefer it unblended, but you can also blend either the whole soup or part of it if you prefer it thicker.





Chop up and fry some onions, leeks, celery, and crushed garlic in a little olive oil. Add some vegetable stock made from boiling together an onion, a handful of dried mushrooms, some bay leaves and a few pepper corns. A splash of white wine works really well too. Very finely dice the leaves from a sprig of rosemary and add that, along with the butter beans.

I like to eat this hot, so I reheat any from the fridge the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment