Thursday 28 April 2016

Fruity Quinoa porridge

I'm really trying hard with breakfast. When I eat a good one, it really stops me being hungry all day and I'm not tempted to pick. My go to breakfast has become mashed bananas with almonds, pistachios and yoghurt, but I don't feel like that every day.

This one is great and can be made the night before. It's nutty and fruity and very filling.






Boil up one cup of quinoa and two cups of milk, stirring all the time. After about 5 minutes of boiling add half a teaspoon of cinnamon (nutmeg, all spice, or a combination also work well), half a cup of sultanas, and a diced up apple and boiled for a further 5 or so minutes until thick and creamy. Serve it with warm milk and toasted almonds (you could also drizzle on some honey if you go gently!).

It is very filling and nutty and stored overnight in the fridge then served with more milk makes it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment