Thursday 18 August 2016

Tuna steaks with pickled veggies


The proof of the pudding is said to be in the eating. I am now 6 months into my low GI eating plan and I have just had some blood tests.
As well as having lost a little over 30 kilos, my glucose levels have dropped from 130 to 98 (with the safe range being 75 - 115), my long term glucose levels are now down from 6.83 to a little under 6 (with the ideal being under 6.5) and I have energy and a renewed zest for life.
I am loving this way of cooking and eating. I really wish I'd understood it years ago.





1 tuna steak
1teaspoon soy
1teaspoon teriyaki
Half teaspoon sesame oil
1tablespoon regular oil
2 spring onions chopped finely
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon black pepper corns

Mix all the ingredients, except the tuna steaks together, pour into a plastic bag. Add the tuna. Leave to marinate, ideally overnight.



Put the tuna on a hot pan. Leave till you can see it's cooked at least half a centimetre before turning. 



Repeat and serve pickled veggies

I like my tuna cooked through, many prefer it pink. It is very easy to see how far though it has cooked so remove when it is right for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment