Thursday 14 July 2016

Spicy lentil soup





I always feel fuller when I've had an explosion of spices. I guess it's all the different layers makes me think I've eaten more. And lentils are always filling.

This soup works well cold as it's so spicy and it freezes well. It's also fairly fast to make, and be produced from store cupboard ingredients.





For a 4 small bowls or 2 larger bowls

One cup of lentils
One onion, chopped finely
One chilli (more if you prefer) finely chopped
A knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Two cloves of garlic, peeled, crushed and finely chopped
A teaspoon of turmeric
A teaspoon of paprika
Pinch of salt
Tomatoes - roasted or tinned and finely chopped (optional)
 500 ml vegetable stock

Sour cream and paprika to serve

Boil the lentils with just enough water to prevent from burning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add some of the stock and the rest of the ingredients and boil up.
Add more stock as required.

No comments:

Post a Comment