Thursday 2 June 2016

Pork steak with cauliflower mash, cabbage and bacon.

It's coming up for four months since I started eating low GI. At first my blood sugar and weight dropped dramatically, then my body kicked in, fighting the changes, then they seemed to sort themselves out. I virtually never crave carbs, love the food I'm eating, find restaurants, particularly cafes really hard going, not because I am tempted - I'm full the whole time so not tempted, but so often there is nothing on the menu that is low GI. Most places are great at being willing to make changes, but it'd be lovely to not have to ask!



This week we made a few more dishes. This one is simple and barely needs a recipe, but here goes.

First we made cauliflower mash, which is the same recipe as  cauliflower cheese but the ingredients are then blended into a mash, and sprinkled with chopped up spring onions.
For the pork chop we kept this plain, frying it in hot oil to seal in the flavours, then reducing the heat right down to ensure it cooked through. The result was moist and full of flavour.
For the cabbage, we simply chopped up and fried some bacon, in it's own fat, then stirred it into warm cabbage and served immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment